Virtual Living Library 2022
This Living Library conference is an opportunity for students within Central Okanagan Public Schools, to come together, listen, and learn from a variety of stories. The role of the various presenters is that of a living book, which the students “check out” to learn and explore their personal stories about IDENTITY. The goal is to better understand and appreciate the culture, identity and lived experiences of the book (the presenter). There is so much power in a story, therefore, the goal is for the students to make connections to the book and their lived experience, and to ultimately appreciate that everyone has a story.
Living Library Bios February 16th 9:10 – 11:50, 2022
- Find the Zoom details and Schedule on the Poster below.
- Please log into zoom using one computer per class and project it for your students.
- Welcoming Link - you will also find a link on this live document for the pre-recorded welcome including Indigenous dancing and the Okanagan Song. Please remember …. (how to act)….
- You can choose one presenter for each time slot. The biographies for the presenters are below.
- The Living Library presenters will speak for 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of questions. Please use the link on the poster to type out the question from your students. (This link will be visible on the day of the event).
- All presentations will be recorded and posted on our website for you to watch after the event.
- Please log into the Zoom 5 minutes before the start time.
- If you have any question, please contact Leigh-Ann Yanow.